Monday, April 24, 2006

Violence in Argentine Soccer

Argentine soccer reflects the realities of Argentine society. People go to the stadiums to scream, insult, throw things at the referees, players, etc. Whatever goes wrong in Argentine, people take it out on Sunday at the stadiums.

Of course, it does not help that referees are so bad an they make decisions that contribute to creating violence.

Yesterday, there was another incident. This time it was at the Velez-Boca game. The game was almost over. But a very bad call from the referee created a mess. Of course, I can't blame the referee for what happened on the stands. Everyone, referees, players, coaches, fans, and especially the police, need to take a more responsible approach
.....

2 Comments:

Blogger BuildABetterYou said...

I am starting to learn more about soccer from friends who grew up in Europe. I was surprised to hear that in some soccer games there are separate entrances for fans. I was told that sometimes the fans have gotten very physical in the past.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kuki said...

SUnshine, I saw the World Cup in 1978. We watched it in my brother's bedroom. All the family together. It was a difficult game, hard fouls. But violence, I wouldn't say so. The violence was behind the walls with the military concentration camps. I do remember that the players did not shake Videla's hand. Good for them!

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home